View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #117
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Now that Caron is injured I think Jackson and a few of the other mentioned guys are more appealing. I don't think he is the answer in a scenario where were moving a player that is healthy, known to be a good guy and swell in the locker room, doesn't fight in the stands, you know what you are gonna get on the floor even if it's not a perfect fit etc. But in a scenario where Caron is out and may not be back in time or be back at the level he was at all (which we still don't know yet?) Jackson looks really intriguing.
If Caron is out for the year, we obviously have to do something. Whether it's Jackson or whatever. Earlier, I was speaking in the context of what we do if Butler is out for awhile, but not the whole season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
His specialty may not be drive to the hole like a Maggette but I think he can, even if it's only slightly better than Butler. I think he finishes in the paint and at the rim a little better too. He's a better passer as well. He also has an edge about him similar to T.C., the guy has heart and fire.
He definitely finishes better, but I don't think he's any better of a penetrator. He gets more FTA's right now because he handles the ball a lot more, which you also see in his TO numbers. We all get pretty frustrated with Butler's random turnovers, and he averages about 1.5 a game. S-Jax averages an astounding 3.5 turnovers per game. That's absolutely awful. You'd have to assume that number comes down if he comes here and is handling the ball less, but you know if you watch him play that the dude is downright careless with the ball at times. That's not going to change.

Chemistry...I have no idea, honestly. That's a dicey proposition. He could really screw up the locker room vibe. On the other hand, he is scary, and I mean that in a good way. I know these guys are all NBA players, but facing off against a guy like that absolutely gets in your head.

Bottom line, I'd do it if Butler is out for the year, simply because we don't have enough years left on this train to not maximize each one. But I'd be very, very hesistant if there's a chance we can have Butler back and ready for the postseason.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-03-2011 at 10:31 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote