Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #628
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
To my understanding he chose Oklahoma because he grew up 5 minutes from the University & he practiced on that court all the time. His current roster isn't very talented at all. No other NBA prospects & the only other ESPN100 players on his team are Soph Kameron McGusty (46) and Soph/red-shirt freshman Kristian Doolittle (69)... Doolittle barely sees the floor & missed half the season.

I think what Young was saying is for him to go to Texas Tech, instead of Oklahoma that he considers home, they'd have to be considerably more talented in order to persuade him & they were not in his estimation.

Edit: Also I think the pressure he feels isn't from the hype. It's from not having any teammates who can take any pressure off of him. If they take Young out of the game, they get behind. That's why he plays 35 mins per game, which is also why his FGA are so high. And, he's not a secret anymore. He's the entire focus of the opposition's defense. They sell out to stop him & he really doesn't have any help. It's an adjustment for him.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...er-red-raiders

Quote:
“I just think they need more talent,” Trae says. “Sorry, I’m just being honest. I just want to win.”
Quote:
Trae Young’s father was a star at Texas Tech
Quote:
Texas Tech fans booed Trae Young every time he had the ball. It’s not just because Young is the biggest star in college basketball. He also has deep connections to Texas Tech as a program and nearly decided to play for the Red Raiders.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote