View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 05:41 PM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Allen won't deal Sheed according to Mark Stein

Quote:
Originally posted by: ddh33
I'm a little skeptical about this whole thing.

First, we aren't talking at all - it's aa just speculation.
Then, we're talking to them.
Then, an offer was made and almost accepted.
Then, the offer wasn't accepted.
But wait, there was never an offer.
Now, Portland wants to keep the guy they've been dying to move - reportedly after he insists that he doesn't want to resign in Portland (if you believe NY papers).

I still get the feelling that this is public positioning. I still wouldn't be surprised if this deal got new life and Walker ended up being the guy who gets thrown into the rumor mill.
It does sound like public positioning to me as well. And I definitely think that Walker would be a better overall fit than Jamison for Portland. What Portland really needs is a small forward to replace Scottie Pippen. Walker is about as close as there is to getting a Pippen.