View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 12:50 AM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I've avoided starting a thread about this game on the board, because for the most part, it is an Anti-Sooner board. But, since someone else did start it:

These calls were horrendous. Even if the ball maybe had gone 10 yards (it didn't) which Chum posits, it does clearly hit an Oregon player first. After the review, the officials stated the ball hit an OU player first. There is absolutely no way they can see this. If they see 10 yards, fine, it may be close. But an OU player first???? Batshit retarded. Then, Patrick recovers the ball! Nobody had clear position, there was no reason to whistle the play dead, as the refs claim. How they can give it to Oregon is beyond me.

The pass interference call was pretty ridiculous as well.

Ugh. I can't believe there is even a chance of this getting voided. I'm pretty happy that the Pac-10 even suspended these guys. After the Tech game last year, I was beginning to think the NCAA had it out for the Sooners. However, that team wasn't really going anywhere anyway. But this team had a (very small) chance of a BCS game. No more.
Yeah, I've been watching the YouTube replay for the last fifteen or twenty minutes. I know that camera angles can do funny things (trust me, they can), and I was thinking that at the very least the Oregon guy was within six inches of the ten yards and it couldn't be called one way or the other, by replay.

But that bullshit explanation? Give me a break! Clearly the Duck got to it first. That is bullshit.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote