View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #47
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice write-up on OJMayo.... I'm always struck by how hard the really great must work to be there. Nice to see the dirkster and Carlisle rubbing off.

I have noticed that Carlisle seems to be a stickler for working with the new guys on footwork, catching the ball properly and taking their shot. I wonder is there has ever been anyone look at players that come from other teams to Carlisle and their shooting percentages. It's a very fluid dynamic because of the rest of the team.. but.. I know he works hard with them on that.

Obviously Mayo's is up quite a bit.
Butlers went up when he got here.
Corey Brewers went up but they had dipped..
Dahntay Jone's has fallen off..
Just curious

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...las-mavericks/

"
On the Sunday before the 2011 NBA Finals, the Dallas Mavericks landed in Miami at 7:30 p.m., and most of the team scattered to nearby restaurants. Dirk Nowitzki checked into his hotel and caught a ride to American Airlines Arena. The Mavericks know not to include Nowitzki in any reservations. He has made a tradition of working out at opposing arenas immediately after arriving in road cities. It is part of his routine: Get off the plane, get onto the bus and get into the gym. "We are always waiting on him for dinner," said Brian Cardinal, then a Mavs forward, during the '11 Finals.

O.J. Mayo heard about Nowitzki's unorthodox travel itinerary, and when he signed with the Mavericks this summer, asked to mimic it. Trainer Casey Smith calls ahead and makes sure an arena door is left open. Assistant coach Darrell Armstrong tags along. Unless the Mavs land late, or are on a back-to-back, Mayo and Armstrong ride together and shoot for an hour. "It's a way to make sure you're comfortable on the court," Mayo said. "It's a way to stay sharp."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote