View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #50
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think Mayo may be our best option at point in certain situations. I can really see him running point a la Terry when we're consistently running a two-man game with Dirk. In fact, that is the only time that Terry saw significant +/- while at the PG position is when he was playing alongside Dirk.

A two-man game with Mayo curling/rolling and both guys capable of hitting guys for a pocket three or an inside layup could be the go-to play that we've lacked all year. Sometimes our offense has been good, but we have no sure-fire plays yet.
I definitely agree with this. Although I've been EXTREMELY impressed with multiple characteristics/abilities that Mayo has shown, the area which concerns me most are his turnovers, specifically in big games. However, I don't think you can really fault him for this, especially this early in the season, when he went from being a 6th man to being THE MAN (with Dirk out of course) and the one who always handles the ball in crunch time. He's still getting used to it. Sometimes I just think he tries to do too much, tries to force passes because he wants to make something positive happen for his teammates. Personally, I just wish that he would be more assertive in looking for his own shot, similar to the way he did in the Houston game (obviously a single game example where he was on fire). Honestly, I think a bit more selfishness from him at times would be more beneficial to the team and would definitely cut down on some of the silly turnovers he makes. If he can cut down on his TO's though, I definitely would love to see him situationally at the point. Not only does he have a far more polished offensive game than virtually any other PG, but he would also have a big size advantage over most other 1's in the league. If he can handle the responsibility, I think Mayo could/would be a great option at the PG position for the Mavs in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote