View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #21
Chicken Diavlo

Chicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really niceChicken Diavlo is just really nice

Minimum posts sound good. The only potential problem I see is getting an idiot who will spam up good threads just so he can make it to that mark. Another potential problem would be scaring off a good member. What if someone joins, has a good idea for discussion, and then gets pissed and leaves when they realize they can't create a new thread until 100 posts later. Some people could be like me, and be around a lot, but not really post too often. So that means it'd take awhile for them to be considered tenured enough to create threads...

What I suggest is a required general IQ test at registration, and if they score below a certain margin, then we put the posting restrictions on them. If not... then they can create new threads!

That, or make a sub-forum off of General Mavs Discussion: "General Mavs Discussion for idiots"

So pretty much, this post is a pointless way of saying that I think you have to deal with the posters... or risk coming off as elitist assholes and scare off quality new members. Guess it just depends on if you think the good would outweigh the bad by doing that.
Chicken Diavlo is offline   Reply With Quote