View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #27
come_on_now

come_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the roughcome_on_now is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Wow-zer.

My point was that 99% of the people starting new threads are people who are hiding behind the mask of the internet, so they think it's cool to be a tard or it's cool to spam our board into meaninglessness.

Not saying all new posters are like this (you are obviously a passionate and knowledgeable mavs fan, so I'm obviously not referring to you). But since new posters that are like you are the minority, this rule makes sense to me.

Maybe if contributing posters such as yourself havent reached the poster mark, you could PM another member to create the thread you'd like to be discussed. I don't see the difference if you make the thread or someone else.

And my speech bores you? Pa--lease. I didn't make this thread because I think I'm cool or important... I made it because I see almost EVERY regular poster complaining about this very thing on multiple posts.
First of all, my apologies for my brash statement on your "speech". That was a crappy way of putting it and, well, sometimes I do that so when I do just ignore it. It's a part of who I am unfortunately. And I believe I overreacted a bit. This is the first time on a basketball forum, I've been on Cowboys forums since '97 and might be a bit self-conscious about saying something stupid. I'm not nearly as sharp on this game as in football so that's probably where that came from. Just being honest.

Anyway, my point of view is it's never a good idea to restrict everyone because of some bad apples. Just let the bad apples hang themselves (blowing out BS threads). If they get the message and adapt they'll probably be good contributers. If they get bored and leave you never wanted 'em. You find out everything you need to know that way.
come_on_now is offline   Reply With Quote