View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 08:03 AM   #28
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by come_on_now
First of all, my apologies for my brash statement on your "speech". That was a crappy way of putting it and, well, sometimes I do that so when I do just ignore it. It's a part of who I am unfortunately. And I believe I overreacted a bit. This is the first time on a basketball forum, I've been on Cowboys forums since '97 and might be a bit self-conscious about saying something stupid. I'm not nearly as sharp on this game as in football so that's probably where that came from. Just being honest.

Anyway, my point of view is it's never a good idea to restrict everyone because of some bad apples. Just let the bad apples hang themselves (blowing out BS threads). If they get the message and adapt they'll probably be good contributers. If they get bored and leave you never wanted 'em. You find out everything you need to know that way.
I think the point that regulars are trying to make is that with all this new spam by some newbies, it makes it hard to find meaningful posts, so regulars tend to not contribute so much. If the regulars stop contributing then this message board will take a new identity that this forum was not built on.

Another option I see, is to give newbies their own thread to post thoughts. Then as some of us regulars read their post, then we can being their rep points up, so that they could start their own threads in the regular sections. I think the post count min. to start a thread is fine, but I think rep points would be a better measure of how well a newbie can contribute.

As far as the bad apples, I think it takes too long for them to leave. Here in the last two months, I have seen a sharp decline from regular posters, and I feel it is because of all this newbie problems with starting a thread for every thought. JMVHO.

So, my vote would be on rep points before you are able to start a thread. What do the regulars think on this? U2?DJ?
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote