View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #11
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I voted no. The injury combined with him being a Spur worries me. Not hatred for him being a Spur but just worry that there have been a lot of Spurs leave and not be quite what they were. If you trade for him and get an extension, obviously whatever his max would be, then you are trading for a 27yr old who had an injury that kept him off the floor an entire season basically and you haven't seen him play in a year. If you are wrong it could be a Parsons contract that weighs you down and ruins the rookie contract of DSJ and possibly sets the organization back a while.

I see no reason why he would want to agree to an extension btw, he will be a free agent soon and it's not like players are beating down our door to sign here so why would he want to extend with us before playing here? And I am 100% against trading for him as a rental with this pick.

In a way it's similar to the MPJ discussion. Except Kawhi is proven but will cost you max salary and MPJ is not proven but will be 7yrs younger and a rookie contract. Kawhi is the bigger risk, he is also the bigger reward. I'm just not willing to take the risk is all.

An added fyi- if we had the 8-10th pick I'd absolutely do this then since the players I rly like would all be gone likely. Not a (hopefully)top 5 pick though, just not worth the risk imo.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote