View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 12:34 PM   #112
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@TheSteinLine: If it was about money, Mirotic would have stayed in the NBA. As @NYTSports reported yesterday, Utah was poised to sign Mirotic to a three-year, $45 million deal -- with the Jazz now shifting their sights to signing to Indiana's Bojan Bogdanovc
Would be nice to see where math supports the idea of earning more in the States. There might be only a marginal edge for staying in NBA but reported math shows so little difference that doubtful it gets bigger. Of course Spain's taxes might be a hell also but I think I know as much as Stein about Spain's taxes that would apply in total.

Thing is also that I can not imagine Mirotic earning more than 15 per year even in the future. Could easily end up out of the league after that 3/15 deal, especially with a major injury in the last year of his contract... Like I said, would like to see arguments how he lost money on his guaranteed deal compared to staying in the NBA.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote