View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #60
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'd say it's more like like a Jackson-Wright trade.

It was a salary move, and a necessary one considering the bad contracts the Mavs had to take on in the KP trade. Whether or the Mavs use their cap space wisely afterward is a separate debate.

Bad deal for the Mavs? Meh, I'm not losing sleep over it. I like Barnes just fine, but let's not make him out to be more than what he is. If he was still here right now, he'd be a marginal upgrade at best.
Agree - Barnes had gone from a 4th option type of player to having to be "the man" for the Mavs - would he have just as easily swung back to being just another cog in the Mavs' current offense? We see the same struggle going on with THJ - no need for another 20 million player who's probably not going to put us over the top. Might be better for a year or two but doesn't move the needle to making us a top team.

I think Barnes is a great guy, tough player, but sending him out was the right move.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote