View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:36 AM   #67
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I saw that earlier this morning and laughed pretty hard, because that's me to a tee.

I've actually sort of talked myself into liking this hire. While there are a lot of sexier names out there, they're all either from college or are coordinators with little or no HC experience. The Cowboys have a loaded roster right now, and their championship window is right now. It makes sense that they wanted a proven NFL head coach as opposed to someone who would have to grow into the job. McCarthy had gotten stale in Green Bay, but he's at least saying all the right things about reinventing himself and taking an analytics-heavy approach. So who knows, it could work. All in all it seems the potential reward far outweighs the risk.

And really, we don't need a whole lot. All I we need is an upgrade from Garrett- which is to say mere competence.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote