Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
not directly on topic but as i'm typing this the 76ers are going down in flames and about to be swept. How's that process looking now? understandably they're missing simmons but i'm not sure that he swings them to more than making it a bit more competitive. maybe they take a game or two rather than get swept.

it's interesting because aside from the draft tanking they've done this is a team that has swung deals for big name players through FA and trades. Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Al Horford... and have apparently struck out. For all their big name drafting and trading and signing they've failed to construct a good team. Celtics have Hayward go down and are still rolling over them.
Philly is and will always be a terrible sports town. They're not a FA destination, but they've done the best that they could with what they had. It's just super hard if you're not NY, BOS, or LA.

But yeah, I think they can be a playoff team for 5-10 years, but they've capped out at how good they can be.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote