View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #974
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Along with the Philadelphia 76ers and Brooklyn Nets, Houston Rockets star James Harden now also has the Milwaukee Bucks and Miami Heat among his preferred trade destinations, sources with knowledge have told The Athletic.
I still think it almost has to be Philly. Simmons is by far and away the best player they can get back in any Harden deal. It's just a matter of if Philly wants to make the deal. Morey has apparently said they don't want to trade Simmons and they want to keep him and Embiid together, but I feel like that's just posturing so they don't give up picks or whatever.

It's a no-brainer for Houston, but for Philly it's tricky. From a pure talent and X's an O's perspective, I feel like you almost have to get Harden if you can. He's still a top 5 or 6 player and I think he would fit with Embiid far better than Simmons... in theory. The problem is Harden's personality. Is he going to burn out with Embiid the same way he did with Howard, Paul, and Westbrook? And of course he's a lot older than Simmons, so even if he gives you a better chance at a title, the window is also shorter.

If I were running the Sixers I probably would make the trade because I really don't think Embiid and Simmons will ever win a title together, and I think Harden and Embiid might. But I would offer nothing of value outside of Simmons. No picks or any players that I actually like. Simmons + salary filler and that's it. If the Rockets won't take that deal, then they can trade Harden somewhere else for a bunch of protected picks and so-so young players that aren't near Simmons' level.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote