Thread: iPhone
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #101
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

When I called customer service a few days ago, they said my phone isn't eligible for the cheap upgrade 199 (8GB) but I'm still eligible to upgrade in general.

She quoted 399 for the 8GB
with and 18 dollar upgrade fee
30 dollars/mo for the internet access

That's basically what will be added for me to upgrade. My minutes plan and text plan won't cost any more than what they are now.

Now the loophole I'm wondering if I can get around is I know a friend who works at apple and he said in about 2-3 weeks the phone will be available for employee discounts to offer to friends and family. I'm not sure if it's going to be at the base 199 (8GB) price or what, but whatever the starting price is he can take off roughly 15 percent off.

Do you think I'll be able to bring that iPhone to AT&T and just have to pay the 18 for the upgrade and 30 for the internet and get a cheaper deal than the 399?

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-28-2008 at 11:56 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote