Thread: Rasheed Wallace
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 05:13 PM   #56
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default RE:Rasheed Wallace

I'm one of the guys who would be in favor of possibly adding Rasheed Wallace. Sure, his character concerns scare me, but I honestly believe that he could be exactly what this team needs to get us to the next level. I think a change of scenery could do him good.

He is a wonderful defensive player, who can score efficiently without taking a lot of shots or dominating the ball. One of the things that I believe that goes unnoticed is how unselfish he is, and what a great passer he can be.

I know people harp on his tendency to drift to the perimeter, but all players do that as they age. It certainly doesn't mean that he has a difficult time scoring down there. I have even heard said that Rasheed was playing outside because that is what the team needed - that Portland had enough inside players, they needed someone to shoot from the perimter. I actually believe his offensive talents would compliment Dirk's. When Dirk is inside, Wallace is outside. When Dirk is outside, Wallace is inside. I would hate to think that I had to defend that.

In the end, I have no idea if Rasheed ends up a Mav, but it wouldn't be the end of the world to me. I could cheer for him and see where the team went with him before passing judgment.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote