View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #114
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
Dude, I blame Avery for alot, but we have all these idiots who claim Carlisle is a better coach than Avery. And you know damn well that is a lie. There is no proof or backing to support Carlisle being a better coach. So what we have left is dumb idiots twisting this tread into a personal attack. I dont give a rats as* what happened at the end for Avery, but calling Carlisle a better coach is just plain silly and dumb.

Nobody is debating if Avery should have been fired, the problem is defacing Avery to being a sorry coach who did nothing for the Mavs. To me, it ranks right up there with idiots bashing Finley for all he has done for this franchise, and just want to harp on the last year or so Finley was with the Mavs.

Lastly, last time I checked, when Avery was so called outcoached he had all the fan favorite coaches on his coaching staff, and none of them were able to make adjustments to win the title. Dont want to hear that Avery would not listen to them, so they lost. That is a bold faced lie, the team and coaching staff lost as a organization. Just like they did against GS. Everyone wants to make Avery out to being a scrapegoat, but the facts remain that the players had a big hand in all of this mess that went on at the end, include Dirk in it as well.

Dirk may be GOD to most of the homers here, but I call it like it is. Dirk has been the best thing for this franchise as well as been the one who just cant get us over the top to win a title, due to all of his fatal flaws. It still stands, that I think we should have traded Dirk for KG or traded Dirk for Kobe. It is as simple as that, since so many feel Dirk walks on water.

Lastly, Carlisle could not hold a jock strap to Avery, and for every fault you find in Avery, the about the same flaw applies to Carlisle and more, due to his many failures in the regular season and playoffs, as well as being the coach of the team that was apart of the biggest brawl in the history of the NBA. Carlisle was ran out of two towns, and each time he lost the time and the GM moved forward. Avery ran himself out of town, due to being a control freak.
All because Silk says so...

(damn the facts!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-02-2009 at 08:51 AM.