View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #32
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
It absolutely boggles my mind that people want to give up Josh Howard for Tracy McGrady.

I mean, I don't care how overrated you think Howard is, please realize that Tracy McGrady is basically worthless right now. He's coming off the worst surgery an NBA player can have. He's never going to be the same player, no player ever has after microfracture. Jason Kidd is the closest thing to a player that completely, fully recovered from the surgery.

Add to that the fact that the Rockets literally just do not want him to play for their team anymore...I mean jeez. How many red flags do you need?

And saying Josh has missed time for wussy injuries and then saying you want McGrady is incredibly bizarre logic.

I would trade Shawn Williams for Tracy McGrady. That's it. There isn't a single other player on this roster I would trade for him, and that includes Tim Thomas.
I guess I just don't buy all the stuff being said either.

TMac when he was at his best, was a top 3 player in the league. JHo, IMO, has never cracked top 25.

Will TMac ever get close to that ability again........... I have no idea. I have no idea whether it will take motivation, or if injury has literally destroyed his ability.

With that said, Is JHo going to put Dallas above the Celtics, above Cleveland, above LA Lakers, above Orlando?

Would TMac, if he is motivated and can do it, put Dallas into the level of the Celtics, Cleveland, LA and Orlando?

If he is done, then you have 23M coming off the books. You should also be able to get rid of Carrolls money, and get rid of Williams.

So the downside if it busts is that Dallas is a mid level playoff team who is not as good as the elite, but you have massive dollars coming off the books, and still have the Dust chip to acquire players. If everything works right, then you are easily in the elite.

So you keep JHo and make no other changes. You can lose JHo on the team option and Williams comes off the books, but you still have Carroll, and the team IMO is just below elite level.

If you could get TMac for JHo, Carroll, and Williams ---- IMO -- it would give you a much better shot at winning it all this year.

With that said, he would have to pass a very serious physical, and the Dr.s would have a huge input on whether I would do it, if I were Cuban.
How long it would take to heal to 100%, and what level he makes it back to, would be huge questions.

As far as the Rockets and him coming back. He needs a new start. I heard how back NVE was, Stack, TThomas, Gooden etc. New starts do make a difference sometimes.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote