View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #29
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
This Yi kid is giving foreign players a bad name by making such a big deal out of this... you don't get to pick what team you play on when you enter the freakin' draft! His agent seems like an asshole with that quote: "His representatives and I won't sit here and do nothing just because he was picked by Milwaukee," Zhao was quoted as saying. He's lucky he was picked at all considering he wasn't even man enough to play against any human competition in workouts... he sure dominated those chairs though. That just seems really odd to me, but anyway the point is its a very poor start to his career being such a whiny little bitch and i'm surprised so many teams had an interest in him.

It's this kind of attitude that pisses me off in sports. Can you imagine if Oden said something like "I don't want to play in Portland or Seatle... I want to play in Atlanta." What would Portland and Seatle do? Of course they would still draft Oden and Durant in some order because thats what best for the franchise. I hope this kind of mentality doesn't spread, players need to realize they don't make the decisions they just play the game.
How is he giving foreign players a bad name? This kind of thing doesn't happen often, but off the top of my head I recall a few high profile americans doing the same thing (Elway, E.Manning, Francis, Kobe).

If Oden did the same thing I wouldn't have an issue with it at all. According to the draft rules if you don't like where you are picked you have the right to sit out for a year, miss out on a million plus, and enter the draft again the following season. If dude is willing to pass on some serious cheese to be in a place he likes then more power to him. Draft pick does not = slave. If you don't like where you are picked you have the right to not play ball....
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote