View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 10:45 PM   #30
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki
How is he giving foreign players a bad name? This kind of thing doesn't happen often, but off the top of my head I recall a few high profile americans doing the same thing (Elway, E.Manning, Francis, Kobe).

If Oden did the same thing I wouldn't have an issue with it at all. According to the draft rules if you don't like where you are picked you have the right to sit out for a year, miss out on a million plus, and enter the draft again the following season. If dude is willing to pass on some serious cheese to be in a place he likes then more power to him. Draft pick does not = slave. If you don't like where you are picked you have the right to not play ball....
This dosn't happen too often in the NBA and as far as I know hasn't in quite a while. The thing that immediately popped into my head when I heard about him not wanting to play for certain teams was he must feel he deserves special treatment. I mean first he refuses to play against anyone in a one on one drill instead only choosing to display his skills against inanimate objects and then he openly demands not to play on certain teams. It's not doing him any favors thats for sure, and with those two things in mind (and that he hasn't even played a single NBA game yet) I wouldn't want that kind of player on my team... what if he starts demanding more things or refuses to play with certain teammates or even travel to certain cities? It's ridiculous.

And that is quite possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard. As Erica pointed out it kind of diffutes the purpose of the draft in the first place. You don't get to pick your team, and what happens if you sit out that year and then get drafted the next year by another team you don't like? Where does it end? If Oden openly demanded to play in say Dallas do you really think every other team is going to let him slide to pick #34? Players just need to shut up and play and the league would be a much better place. In a sense it's Ron Artests problem and it's also Yi's problem, and i'm hoping it doesn't become a league wide problem in drafts to come.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote