View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #31
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
This dosn't happen too often in the NBA and as far as I know hasn't in quite a while. The thing that immediately popped into my head when I heard about him not wanting to play for certain teams was he must feel he deserves special treatment. I mean first he refuses to play against anyone in a one on one drill instead only choosing to display his skills against inanimate objects and then he openly demands not to play on certain teams. It's not doing him any favors thats for sure, and with those two things in mind (and that he hasn't even played a single NBA game yet) I wouldn't want that kind of player on my team... what if he starts demanding more things or refuses to play with certain teammates or even travel to certain cities? It's ridiculous.

And that is quite possibly the stupidest thing i've ever heard. As Erica pointed out it kind of diffutes the purpose of the draft in the first place. You don't get to pick your team, and what happens if you sit out that year and then get drafted the next year by another team you don't like? Where does it end? If Oden openly demanded to play in say Dallas do you really think every other team is going to let him slide to pick #34? Players just need to shut up and play and the league would be a much better place. In a sense it's Ron Artests problem and it's also Yi's problem, and i'm hoping it doesn't become a league wide problem in drafts to come.
The thing you're not understanding is that this is a cultural issue. Greg Oden is not from China. The decisions of Greg Oden's life do not revolve around the Chinese Government's liking. There are many restrictions that the country puts upon its players whether they like it or not.

You will notice that Yi barely does any of the talking. His agents make the decisions for him. I can assure you that if Yao Ming was drafted by Milwaukee a couple years back, the same situation would be occuring.

Don't hate the player, hate the game =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote