View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 12:52 AM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
In general I agree chum, the player can provide his services or not and should maximize his revenue.

I'm not sure about going back to china and retrying the NBA again. I think milwaukee retains his NBA rights forever.
I'm not totally up on the rules, so that may be the case (that Milwaukee retains his rights forever). I think I recall that if a collegiate player declares but doesn't hire an agent, he retains his collegiate eligibility and can enter the draft fresh next year. But that may not apply here, since we aren't talking about a collegiate player. You are probably right, but the guy does still retain at least a modicum of leverage, since he can either play for Milwaukee or not play for Milwaukee.

I, for one, don't shed any tears for Milwaukee. When a guy basically tells you: "Don't draft me, or else there will be consequences," and you draft him anyway, you have thrown down the gauntlet. And you should be prepared for what comes.

Personally, I hope Milwaukee never gets him and no one else does either. God knows that he would give the Mavericks fits if he finds his way into the Western Conference. The kid is going to be a flat-out stud, if he plays here.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote