View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #35
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I, for one, don't shed any tears for Milwaukee. When a guy basically tells you: "Don't draft me, or else there will be consequences," and you draft him anyway, you have thrown down the gauntlet. And you should be prepared for what comes.
Exactly. Chinese officials had already informed Milwaukee what was going to happen if the Bucks decided to choose Yi, yet they still drafted him even after the fact. They knew everything going in, but I guess they felt that their storied franchise and huge market would sway the Chinese government in allowing Yi to play there.

Once again, the decision ultimately does not fall on Yi. As sad as it may sound, the truth of the matter is that he is merely a marketing tool being used by his home country's government to further their role in the globalizing of the NBA as well as their status worldwide. Those who have followed Chinese basketball have known about Yi for a few years now, he has had the talent to enter the draft in each of the previous 3 seasons. However, the government milked Yao for as long as they could before "releasing" Yi to go over to America to play basketball. It's so much more than just basketball, we haven't even begun to scratch the surface.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote