View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

1. Europe - England, France, Italy. It was my junior year of high school and my first real eye opening experience that the world is much bigger and different then I had ever imagined.
2. NYC - Senior year in HS 2001. Had plane tickets to fly out on 9/13. Obviously that didn't happen but I got to go in early November 2001 and visit ground zero and just meet with a lot of people who were delaing with the tragedy first hand. Even got to present the family of a Police Officer who had died with a check for money we had raised to help her take care fo her kids. It was a sobering and humbling experience to witness the site that changed our world first hand.
3. Have to go with Texas. I have gotten to do so many great vacations in Texas, from floating the river to hanging out in Austinto laying on the beach in Galveston, to partying in South Padre for undergrad spring break or touring the hill country in Texas visiting some great wineries.

Along the lines of the wines you all were talking about. I was not much of a wine fan myself, but thanks to my GF I have learned to love wine. I have been to many wineries throughout Texas and I would recommended trying some of the wonderful Texas wines. Talking to some of the people who work the wineries, the hill country of Texas they are finding is very similar to the terrian and weather of southern France.