View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 02:01 AM   #17
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

General comments:

- @Miami, @Utah, and @LAC. Those are three of the toughest regular season games there are, and Dallas has had a very real chance to come out in top in all of them. Wins and losses matter tremendously for this team right now, and there are no consolation prizes in losing, but it feels to me like they're close to getting on a roll if they can just keep their heads up and stick together a little longer. Really need to do it soon, though.

- Defensive commendations to two guys who regularly fail to impress me with their efforts on that side of the ball: Kaman and Mayo. I thought they represented themselves very well with their work on Griffin and CP, respectively (though the box score certainly doesn't give evidence that the Mavs had any success against Chris, I really did think Mayo played him as well as you could ask when he was on him).

- Big game by DC. Didn't make as much of an impact late, obviously, but overall he did his part.

- Really need OJ to find his three point shot again. If he could even get back to looking like a moderately competent long range shooter we wouldn't be talking about the flood of losses. That said, I liked the way he played tonight. Wasn't connecting as much as you'd like, but I thought he played a mature, focused game. The Mavs can win with him being that kind of player.

- Dirk...has to take some of the blame for this one. Careless (would Rick say catastrophic?) TOs early in the 4th and lost rebounds late played a pretty big part in turning the game and then sealing Dallas' fate. Though he had some good makes to offset the mistakes, too. He's still probably a couple weeks away from looking like himself again. Just need a touch better efficiency from some of the other shooters to bridge the gap.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 01-10-2013 at 02:10 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote