View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #47
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

A nice piece by EKS - Rookies hoping to begin youth movement in Big D. This last quote from Jae Crowder reminds me of something Tyson said once:

Quote:
“You can’t make the ball go in,” Crowder confessed, “but you can control how tough you play and how hard you play on the defensive end. So, that’s something that I hang my hat on for sure. … That’s something I’ve pretty much been doing my whole life. I feel like as a basketball player you can be able to do a lot of different things, and one thing that I have been able to do is guard a lot of different players. So, I just try to hang my hat on that and try to be tough-minded and get the job done by any means. That’s what I live by.”
Can't find the quote by Tyson now, but it was something along the lines of him having been told early in his career that offense comes and goes, but you never have to have a bad day on defense (because it is mostly just about effort, and you control that), and that thought having really defined his mindset as a defensive player. Here's to Crowder being Tyson 2.0 (different position, of course).