View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #742
ExRocketNewMav

ExRocketNewMav will become famous soon enoughExRocketNewMav will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
LMAO, the Rockets gave up four years worth of draft picks to get him, and after one season, he wants out.

Seriously, who the hell would want him at this point? Why would any team trade for him? There's no contender that he would help more than he would hurt. He gets paid so much that you probably have to give up some valuable assets to get him even if you don't want to. If the Rockets actually had assets themselves to give, I could see a rebuilding team willing to take on his salary just to get the assets that would come with him, but the Rockets have nothing of value to offer... The ONLY reason anyone would trade for Russ is some dogsh*t team in a small market just wants a big name to sell some tickets... but selling tickets isn't even a thing right now.

So agin... who the hell would want Westbrook and why?

Russ has the weirdest career in NBA history. He's a former MVP who has averaged a 30 point triple double. Nobody would ever deny that he's one of the most incredible talents the game has ever seen. And yet even on his best day, I don't think most people ever really believed he was a winner.
At this point I think the fans are grasping to the last remaining straw - being the Knicks are still the worst franchise in the league and they would be stupid enough to make a play for him.

But apart from that I don't see how any team trades for him.

I haven't bothered keeping an in-depth track across the NBA as I typically do lately, so I have no idea what teams could absorb his salary.
ExRocketNewMav is offline   Reply With Quote