View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 04:26 AM   #9
NBAGnome

NBAGnome is on a distinguished road
Default RE:A strange scence.......Yao actually gets angry

Man what if Yao comes through with a large improvement this year, say 20/10 on 55% FG? I could see that happening...the thing that scares me about Yao is his offensive efficiency. The guy already shoots over 50% AND he makes 80%+ of his Free Throws...thats tough to handle.

AND he gets McGrady, whom has opted to skip the olympics and rest, whom is coming into this situation with lots of motivation, and whom by all reports has been working out very hard this summer in preparation.

Houston has some other decent pieces too, Jimmy Jackson a underrated veteran who is a good defender and shooter, Juwan Howard a decent PF. Thats 4 of the 5 starters as solid pieces. Point Guard is going to be undermanned, but hell you got McGrady the point guard doesn't need to be handling the ball much.

The West just is too loaded...you have the proven powerhouses and now all of these successful franchises that made major improvements and are poised to make a jump (Denver, Utah, Houston). I have no idea how the standings will go, it will certainly be interesting. I hope the mavs can make the step back to a powerhouse team as well.