View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
MJ got immunity after the Pistons beat the shi* out of him for two straight years in the Eastern Conference Finals in the late 80's. That is the MJ that I am talking about. They nearly killed MJ in those two series. Seriously, the put a hurting on him and Pippen physically and mentally. Are you old enough to remember "The Jordan Rule"? That is what I am talking about..

Yeah, I remember the "Jordan rule" - the Bad Boys were my team of the 80s, so I loved seeing them trounce that shoe-toting primadonna...

You're kind of supporting my point though: a "foul-prone" Jordan couldn't beat the no-name Pistons with all the swagger in the world, so what good is it going to do for Nowitzki? It seems like refs treat Dirk like a second-rate star at the foul line in certain matchups (hell, does anyone else on the Mavs get the "Jordan rule" called in their favor? Does Josh have to sell more shoes before he can consistently earn trips to the charity stripe? For that matter, are shoe sales why DWade got to go to the line more than the entire Mavs squad during at least one game of the Finals?)

Then again (read: I'm going to contradict myself), these Mavs remind me of the 80s Pistons as far as how much star power & respect they get (or don't get) from the rest of the NBA/media/refs... It might do them a bit of good to shut their critics up with a more physical game... Not that I want to see a Bill Lambier out there beating people up, but nice guys don't win rings in this game - just ask Bruce Bowen!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-15-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote