View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:13 AM   #115
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
So the salary cap in the NHL is something like 56MM. Isn't that close to the NBA cap? What gives?? NHL playoff games are on Versus, for goodness sakes.

It would appear to the naked eye that the NBA brings in MUCH more revenue than the NHL does. Why are the salary caps so close in value?
Hockey is actually growing pretty fast. The salary cap immediately after the lock-out is now the cap minimum for next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
Bummer about Ryder & way bummer about Hags, although I don't think I would have wanted to give him $3mil. And jeez, remember when term was a big deal? Teams are throwing around 4, 6, 8 year deals without even blinking.

So Avery's the only big one left we're still in on. I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed, even though we obviously didn't have very much money to spend. I expect this out of the Army era, but I kind of thought HullJack would get creative.
Get creative? They only have 3 million of cap space and Hicks already said not to spend up to the cap. So they only had $2 million to work with while people are throwing huge contract. Radden got $6 million for 6 years. Holy crap. I'm glad they gave up on him.

Last edited by Caseman; 07-02-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote