View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 02:43 PM   #351
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@wojespn: Reporting with @ZachLowe and @RamonaShelburne: In meeting with management today, Knicks forward Kristaps Porzingis expressed his concern with the losing, franchise direction and an uncertainty that a culture is developing that will enable sustainable organizational success.

Imagine: https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/sta...85632312590336
I half wonder if we throw a max offer his way if he checks out with the trainers. I know he's an RFA but if Porz really makes a stink, that may put the Knicks off on matching. Plus with only 4 years in the league he would only make 27mill a year-- about what Barnes would earn.

Porzingis and Doncic could match up pretty well. Let Jordan walk. Get a rebounding PF and a defensive PG. That team could compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
He could tell NYK that he will not take a max extension but rather play out final year to become a UFA. Then he agrees to sign and trade to the Mavs.
OR he could make it clear that he doesn't want to play for the Knicks. Knicks have the right to match, but would they for a guy who is disgruntled? That's a huge risk to throw max or even supermax money at a guy who is unhappy. If they match, he goes to the Knicks longterm but could throw enough of a tantrum that he drops his value.

I guess your scenario is more likely.
1) We sweep in and offer him 27 mill. Knicks have to decide. They may have to match and then trade the following December because otherwise they get nothing.
2) No one offers him a deal. He gets traded at next year's TDL or walks away in FA.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-31-2019 at 02:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote