View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #202
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

i don't understand this roddy bashing. yeah, after his first year everybody imagined him to be a key contributor (at least) at this time but you have to look at the circumstances roddy went through.

obviously he had injuries which made a whole new player out of him. he isn't as fearless as he was as a rookie. in addition he played almost exclusively as a sg, in my opinion the only position he could and should play. especially when you have a hof pg on your side.

also you can see that this guy is very sensitive and his body languange/facial expressions on bad nights unveils his whole personality. carlisle knows how to work with veterans but he can't handle young players. i hate roddys stupid plays as much as everyone but if he makes just one, you can see rick barking at him and/or benching him. and thats the problem because guys like jet, vince and delonte make them as regularly as roddy. could you imagine what rick would do with roddy if he would take a transitions jumper like jet? he would bench his ass.

and i think you should either trust roddy and let him play through his mistakes or you trade him for a solid veteran. both won't work.

and don't act like jj was the next michael jordan. last year he couldn't hit wide open jumpers at the beginning of the season and his defense was solely based on flopping. nobody wanted him here. but he turned the corner because rick believed in him. and is there someone who believes that roddy wouldn't have better stats with minnesota than these?

minutes 21.2
fg% 0.386
3p% 0.325
rpg 2.6
apg 4.3
spg 0.4
bpg 0.0
to 2.1
ppg 9.6

you could feel jjs confidence the moment he came in and thats, in my opinion, the biggest difference to roddy...
41N is offline   Reply With Quote