View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 01:02 PM   #15
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Default Welcome home Jessica Lynch.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
So, kids... Ripping on a torture-victim, 19 year old female, former-POW tonight?

What evidence do you have that she was "tortured"?

Quote:
[i]Y'all should just give thanks to whatever callow things are important to you,
Exactly, like honesty, truth and respecting American citizens and their intelligence enough not to spread laughable disinformation to them.

Quote:
[i]that honorable folks like Jessica Lynch and her brave fellow servicemen are putting their lives on the line to defend y'alls freedom to make snide and ignorant statements impugning the service of your betters and defenders...
Defending my freedom? Betters and Defenders? The Iraqi nation has not and most likely never will pose any threat to my freedom. Sending American troops over to "liberate" a Third world country from it's regime and set up shop there has nothing to do with my freedom.

Quote:
[i]During the first Gulf War, both of the two American female POW's whom the insidious Iraqi's captured, were repeatedly beaten and raped over the course of their captivity... and so I will say that I think that anyone who poo-poo's or scoffs at Jessica Lynch's recent experiences in tortured captivity, are either purblind, inexperienced fools, or craven, politically-partisan derelicts...
I don't know about anything captured female soliders in the first Gulf war but if they were tortured and raped, then my heart goes out to them. But there is no evidence that Jessica Lynch was in any way "tortured" by her captors.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote