View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #430
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Mary:

"By the way, that principal or superindent that you mentioned, that's at risk of being sued by parents if something happens, and it appears they they didn't do anything about it (which for you actually means they didn't choose your solution of arming the teachers) - that risk is never removed....its certainly is NOT removed by handing out guns to the staff. In fact, I would imagine that decision exposes the superindent to even more risk, not less. The thought that this measure would do ANYTHING to eliminate a principal/superindent's exposure is one of the more naive things you've said in this thread. (Besides the fact that avoiding a lawsuit is about one of the dumbest justifications I can possibley imagine for placing guns inside the classroom)."

I agree with you, Mary. The school superintendent does not need to be in charge of this.

I like Chum's very early idea. Deputize a teacher or two. Put them through proper training. Put the liability on the police force structure where it belongs.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote