View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #8
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Roster trimming trade

Last year, the Mavs didn't have a lot of centers but Bradley didn't see a lot of pt. Now, that they added Booth and Dampier, he won't see any daylight. Doesn't make sense if this year he gets a lot of pt when last year he rode the bench most of the time.

Marshall comes in as a PF backup and insurance in the SF position. His main role will be PF.

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
I like the idea of Donyell Marshall, but I really hate this trade.

Finally, Shawn Bradley is in a place where he can be maximized and utilized as a defensive force to block shots, and change games without being over used, and poeple want to give him up. Why?

He blocks shots much better than anyone else on the team. He has a nice set shot. He rebounds, OK. PPod hasn't even played a game yet, and Dallas gave up a first round pick for him, and people are already trading him off.

Marshall, I like, because he is a 3/4 tweener.
*Donyell Marshall SF 6' 9" 230 Connecticut*
He can guard some of the bigger SF, like Kirilenko and Peja.

Problem with the trade is, that it adds one more 3 to an already overflowing 2/3 spot with people fighting for playing time. I have no problem with Marshall coming, but the trade needs to moved at least one of your four 2/3 tweeners to do it. Marshall is going to get 22-30 min a night...if he is Dirks backup, he might get 13 from there. He isn't a 5, and that leaves him taking 10-17 away from the SF position. Who is going to give up the time then out of the 4?

IMO, if you get Marshall, then Stackhouse, Howard, Daniels (who can't be moved till Dec) or Finley have to be part of that deal. In fact, if you wait till Dec 15 -- it could be straight up Daniels for Marshall.