View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 02:29 PM   #14
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:Roster trimming trade

Booth is Dampier's backup. After that, its Benga. Heck, even Dirk can pitch in a t C sometimes. I guess your concern is minutes for Donyell, you are right. He won't get a lot being Dirk's backup. I just want to get the best possible backup as possible. If that means turning a starter into a backup, that's ok by me.

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: Simon2
Marshall is only 31. I don't think that's aging. He's probably just hitting his prime. Not sure about your rating of Bradley, he's has a lot of potential but there's one simple reason why he needs to be traded. Nellie won't play the guy. He's just wasting his years on the bench when he can be a contributor for another team. Incidentally, Bradley is 32.
31 is old by nba standards for someone who's played almost 30 minutes per game for 10 seasons. It's not over the hill, but the player has most likely peaked and is on the downhill side. Meaing that they aren't likely to get significantly better and are more likely to get worse than better. Marshall is still capable of playing at a high level, but I don't want him playing center nor do I want Dirk playing center or sitting on the bench to get Donyell minutes. We already have a logjam of minutes at the 3 so there really isn't much for him there. We need a good backup for Dampier more than for Dirk. Bradley is the next best center on our roster by a long ways after Dampier. If Nellie is too stupid to play Bradley then Nellie needs to go instead of Bradley.

Yeah Shawn is older than Marshall, however Pavel is more than a decade younger than Marshall. Bottom line is Marshall would be an overpriced luxary while Bradley is a cheap necessity and Pavel is an even cheaper investment in the future. If it was Stackhouse for Marshall, then I'd do the trade by all means. However that's not the trade that you proposed.