View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 01:08 PM   #29
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Letting Nash Go a Mistake or the Right Move?

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
No way to make that determination until after at least the 3rd year, unless one or the other of these two teams wins it all.
I agree that it will take time to see if it was a good move. We may not get a good picture of how good or not good Harris will be until his 3rd year. Remember it took Nash quite a while to become good when he got to Dallas. I can definitely say that we are hurting now on offense from not having Nash. I also feel that we are much better defensively without Nash. IMO we would have had a better record right now if we had kept Nash because he would have provided more continutity. However the Mavs goal is not to win more games in November and December, it is to win more games in May and June. Nash looks fantastic right now. How will he look come May?

Also would Dirk have blossomed as he has this year with Nash? Maybe or maybe not. One thing is for sure, is that the Mavs are clearly Dirk's team now. And IMO that is their very best shot at winning a title because it allows them to maximize one of the most uniquely talented players ever in the NBA.

I miss Nash every time I see a bumbling effort on offense resulting in a stupid turnover. I miss him whenever I see us struggling to run or screw up a break because there is skilled PG to run it. However I don't miss Nash when I see us holding our opponents under 100 on most every night. I don't miss him when I see us holding the opponents under 42% shooting. I don't miss him when I see the ball going through Dirk more than ever.

You don't replace a superb offensive talent like Nash overnight. However I still feel the Mavs best chance at winning a championship is by replacing Nash. Time will tell, but it's much too early to make a final judgement one way or another right now.
Couldn't agree more.

V2M is offline   Reply With Quote