View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #81
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So is Keith's expiring contract gone except for the mavs?
Other folks can probably answer this question better than I, but as I understand it, we lost the ability to trade away his old contract at the trade deadline this year. Now signing and trading the man with a new contract is something I know we can execute with his Bird rights, so I just can't see us jettisoning the sharp-shooting Ute until the free agency period begins this Summer. You just don't throw away value like that, and as I said, I'd guess that Donnie still probably wants to re-sign him at a bargain contract price.

That said, my guess is that we've probably already had a hardship exemption approved by the league, and the braintrust just hasn't announced it yet, or else Mr. Marshall is going to be cut sometime in the next day or two (quite possibly to return this Summer), and either the Reignman (if Avery likes what he saw and heard this afternoon) or Laettner will be joining us for the playoffs...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-06-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote