View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #294
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Sure the players play the game but the coache's coach the game and in that respect Avery was slapped-around like a bad puppy.

That was one of the big problems with avery, he wasn't creative enough to see that there are more ways to get the ball into the post than just trying to do it like timmah. He could have run dirk across the lane to get position, he could have perish the thought had him re-post after a pick and roll.

Again the worst decision made by him was to slow it down...and he never changed that philosphy.
I agree he could have coached a better series and whatnots, but still I say Dirk played like a lil biyatch that whole series. He was bullied on both ends of the floor. They treated him like a step child. And I do feel that if your one superstar is playing like a biyatch, then not even Phil Jackson himself could have coached us to a win. And please if you dont think players know how to adjust during the game as well, you are giving the players too few credit for being a professional. If you go back and watch any classic games with MJ, Bird, and Magic, you will see in the huddle, they are the ones talking and communicating about what they see on the court and what to do to counter it. It is up to the team captains to do their part on the floor because in the end, it is what the players do on the court that will decide a series. I do feel a coach for the most part can have a big hand in a game, but a series comes down to the heart of the player first and foremost. IMO.