Thread: Stackhouse
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #13
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Stackhouse

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Obviously all players get hot and cold. However, Stack's swings will be a bit more extreme. Most scorers that hit a low percentage of their shots do have more extreme ups and downs. Plus, with Stack losing some of his explosiveness, the lows will be a bit more often now that he'll probably be a bit less capable of getting to the rim than earlier in his career.
I think his swings will level out with Fin and Dirk coming back, and him not being the "veteran" go to #1 offensive threat. I could be wrong, but I think once they get a few more games together, he will find his niche, and quite possibly be the 6th man of the year. Yes, he has lost a little explosiveness, but still has enough to get him to the rim as well as anyone on the team. I think the knee injury probably plays a litte bit in that as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
The difference between Stack and the others you listed is that it seems like when Stack keeps shooting he passes on passing the ball to his teammates. Fin has his 5-22 performances but those shots he missed are most definately open. That's not the case with Stack. He's forcing shots on a 5-22 night.
I agree with Stack forcing right now. I also think he sees himself (and maybe coaches as well), as the #1 option right now with Dirk and Fin out. Since he is the #1 option, he has to score for the team. I think this is causing some pressing, and pressure that he didn't have to deal with when Dirk was in there. I would be curious what Fin would be doing if he were playing right now, and Stack/Dirk were out...not that I ever want that to happen. Give it time, and I think it works itself out.

Quote:
Originally posted by:Azn_Baller101
STACK for Artest and a 1st!!
If he is out this entire year, the Mavs would be getting ripped. Now after the finals ---- another option to look at. Personally I wouldn't, but that is because I think Howard is becoming that good anyway.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote