View Single Post
Old 02-04-2003, 12:26 AM   #1
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Hey Guys,
The band I'm in is starting to contemplate putting together a website. I think I can design the page pretty well, so that part of the process shouldn't be a problem.

BUT...I've never even thought about paying for a Domain before. Instead of just finding the cheapest I thought I'd ask you guys for advice.

Here's what we'll probably want:
-Roughly 30 MB's of mp3's up at a given time
-Probably two videos, totalling about 40 MB
-message board - VBulletin
-various other pages for photos, profiles, and gig dates
-individual email addresses for 5 people

I'm guessing we'll get, at most, 20 people to visit our site a week. Most of that coming from within the band [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So...with that limited information, who would you recommend we use, what package, anything else? I just don't want to spend 20 bucks for 3Gb of bandwith when 1GB will do! I am just pretty clueless...so any help is greatly appreciated!

Ocelot