View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #39
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I used to give those guys some change, but now that I have learned they are a religious organization, they won't be seeing any more money from me. I believe in helping my fellow man, not helping my resident wacko church and its churchgoers.
The United Way a religious organization? Perhaps, I really don't know. I stopped supporting them when they withdrew support to the Boy Scouts. Had nothing to do with religion.

But your comments here are very telling. You don't want to designate churches as charities, because you're anti-church. It really has nothing to do at all with the charitable work they do. If they are religious, f@#$ em.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote