View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Sources: Maurice Clarett season may be over

I hope he sues the NFL to end age discrimination in the draft.

If you are good enough to play, you should be good enough to be drafted, and I think it is high time that good college football players should be able to test the waters of the NFL draft regardless of how many years they have played college ball. Most players need 3-4 years in college to develop the physical strength and skills to survive in the league, but a prodigy like Clarett is an exception.

If a 14 year old can be given a professional contract to play tennis, and an 18 year old can be drafted #1 in the NBA draft, I think a freshman starting running back on a national championship squad should have the chance to try to succeed at the next level of his sport and guarantee himself and his family financial security. If we have to watch a player like Clarett either dance through a charade of attending Ohio State for the next two years, sit out, or set back his career a year by transferring, I say that will be an indictment of the NFL's outdated drafting rules...