Thread: LOST: SEASON 5
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #88
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I just started reading the re-cap of "The Lie" and it finally kind of sunk in...I don't know....I'm still feeling kind of like a remedial, short-bus, special needs kind of watcher of lost, so maybe this has been discussed before...

Why the hell did the Oceanic 6 need to lie to protect the left-behinds? Ostensibly, they're lying to protect the L-Bs from Widmore, but that's nonsense...this pretext for the lie doesn't hold a bit ofwater....not only is it unnecessary to lie to protect from Widmore because the island is somewhere else in space/time, but also because Widmore knows damn good and well that they're lying. IOW, it's no use to lie to Widmore, it's unnecessary to lie to Widmore....why the lie?

hmmm....

I guess what i'm saying is that maybe "THE LIE" is not the Oceanic 6's faux story per se, but rather "THE LIE" is that they're lying to protect the L-Bs when in fact they're lying for some heretofore undisclosed reason....

....and in re Hurley's guilt...maybe Hurley's not in on the real lie, and that's why he just can't understand why they're lying...and that's why he's the one asking the questions...