View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 12:42 PM   #32
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I agree and have said as much. I'm still very on the fence about giving Brunson $20+MM when he can be bottled up any given nights and especially in the post season. But if they believe he can get over that hump, there's no denying what he brings to the team with secondary ball handling and playmaking abilities, and an option to run the offense without Luka or to simply give Luka a break.

Could a SNT with the Knicks work where they get Brunson and we get Robinson? Do we need to do so or can we sign Robinson outright? I think cap implications prevent the latter.
I think Brunson is too valuable to give up for "just" Robinson...

I truly believe the way Kidd has things going with having two additional playmakers who can create and score off the dribble or set others up is too good of a thing to just throw away. Brunson is a friggin' bowling ball and i'd assess this upcoming playoff run very carefully before doing something rash. His versatility to play on/off the ball really gives the Mavs a ton of potential on the offensive side of things and his defense isn't terrible.

edit: so yeah i agree with DHWS. Keep brunson, dump THJ and get what you can for him. Just need one vet big man to plug into the rotation. Keep this year's draft pick and draft the best big you believe will do well with the team - oscar, mark williams, koloko, possibly Liddell if you think he can guard bigs and serve as a rim protector at the NBA level. Need a young big we can grow and develop with this squad.

Last edited by Scoobay; 03-24-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote