View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 PM   #113
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Sorry man, but like I said, I'm done. I'm not going to entertain this really rude thing you've started. Enjoy your life, but one day your knee will bow and, if you haven't changed your stance here, you certainly won't enjoy what comes after. Not something I want for you (or anyone that thinks like you do), but again, I'm not going to have some rebuttal with someone that has absolutely no interest to do anything but flame a Christian. Good luck and, again, God Bless!
My only thing is it's pretty hypocritical to me to say "I won't have a rebuttal with someone who has no interest in anything but flaming a Christian" but Christian's are always saying things like "if you haven't changed your stance here you certainly won't enjoy what comes after". You can say you don't wish it on someone all you want but it comes off as a backhanded statement where you are saying something to the effect of "I pity you that you will be judged harshly since you don't believe like I do". As someone who comes from a very devout Lutheran family(I haven't been religious since I was a teen) I can say it's absurd to me that people of faith who imply a burning hell of sorts for not believing in a book written by man and translated and interpreted so many times over is to be believed "or else". In the example a few posts up people can't even agree on the time frame of 7 days and it's said the book is to be interpreted in some areas and not taken literal.

The fact is the biggest problem with Christianity is the bible itself is loaded with an absurd amount of contradictions or inconsistencies. Anyone who has actually read it and taken notes knows that it's a ridiculous amount. I haven't read the whole thing but I read a whole lot for my Confirmation when I was young. And depending on who you talk to those contradictions are explained away from human error or not to be taken literally, or embellishment, or sensationalizing, or some such excuse. It's written nobody has seen God face to face, and it's also written I have seen God's face. That's explained away as an interpretation and being a bit sensational with a vision of sorts or the idea of God itself. It's written to never harm innocents. Then it's written several times actions condoning hurting and killing innocents. It's written an eye for an eye so to speak and then also written to be the better person and forgive. Divorce is fine, and then it's apparently also not and tantamount to adultery. It's not good to steal but also you can take the livestock and belongings of the enemies. I mean you can list probably hundreds of inconsistencies. Those are just some off the top of my head. So when people ask questions it's understandable.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote