View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 02:36 AM   #808
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
All I'm saying is Nico and Cuban seem to just fly under the radar for the poor roster construction

Here's a take from another mavs media site

It started in the offseason with trading for Christian Wood. The 6?10 big man has a unique and special offensive skill set, but he has always been a below-average defender. He just does not fit into the way Kidd wants to play. It is like trying to make spaghetti and meatballs with chicken and rice. There are plenty of delicious meals to cook with the ingredients on hand, but it is not what you want to make.

Beyond that, the Mavs do not have a balanced roster. Their personnel is tilted too heavily towards the offensive end of the floor. Dallas does not have a perimeter stopper or any rim protection. They are the worst rebounding team in the league and dreadful defensively. None of that should fall on Kidd?s shoulders. Owner Mark Cuban and the front office must add more talent this summer or Dallas will face a similar fate next season.

Coach Kidd did not put the roster together, but he should take some blame for how he is making them play.
If Kidd plays Green more earlier in the year or even last season, the pain of losing DFS isnt so severe after the Kyrie trade.

If Kidd plays Hardy more earlier in the year, the Kyrie trade might not have been necessary.

If Kidd plays Wood more than Powell, and plays him at his natural position with a defensive center like McGee, the Mavs would be a better rebounding and defensive team.

I'm sorry, but Kidd is deserving of over 90% of the blame in my opinion.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote