Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #127
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm on the BPA bandwagon, but would love to address shooting, rebounding, and physical presence in this draft. Don't think Precious gets to us, but he'd be great at 18. The 2nd rounder offers some upside. Don't sleep on Isaiah Joe from Arkansas. Can flat out shoot and I think he would THRIVE as an off-ball shooter next to creators. Passable defender with upside given size, but the shooting is what you're after there. 31 is likely too rich, though.

I had a conversation recently regarding later picks and upside vs. college production. Think teams get too cute in the latter half of the 1st round and 2nd round. Too many times is upside overvalued where you can plug holes in your roster or at least grab a high floor contributor. Hindsight is 20/20 but I remember several draft nights seeing a really productive player fall and get passed.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote