Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 01:21 AM   #192
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I’m higher on Toppin than most. He reminds me of a better all-around Aaron Gordon.

I really like Bane’s ability to catch and shoot off screens. I think he’s going to have a long 3&D career despite his negative wingspan and relative lack of explosiveness.

Not a huge Jaden McDaniels guy but the tools are definitely there. I’m just not sure I see him putting it all together.
Oh he has probably the biggest bust to star ratio in this draft. Could easily see him washing out. Was just reading an article about his techs and turnovers and how he was benched. They had a talented team and were pretty terrible.

On the other hand: he’s only 19, he has really nice handles for a guy with his length and athleticism. He has good footwork, a legit spin move. Nice touch from mid range. He has NBA range(he hit some deep 3s in the videos I watched). His rebound&blocks numbers were good. He has a little playmaking ability. Really reminds me of Porter Jr. or a larger, more athletic Middleton. Especially in the way he uses his handle and size and footwork to get to his spots at all three levels. I think he will have trouble finishing until he bulks up, he seems to shy away from contact. Character issues may keep him off our board, but I’m curious to see who takes him and how far he slides.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote